Blacktown City Council has offered the following comments (in blue) relating to garage sales.
(If a comment wasn't made on a particluar question, then there is no blue answer.)
- Are permits required?
- Are there any laws controlling the posting of garage sale signs? Signs are not to be placed upon any public place.
- Are there limits to how many garage sales one person can hold per year? There is a maximum of 2 garage sales allowed per year per household.
- Are there laws about using the footpath in front of the person's house? No goods, items, signs or the like are to be placed upon any public place
- Other comments offered.To be conducted during daylight hours; maximum of 2 days per sale
- Is there a page on the web site that covers the laws realting to garage sales?
1) Laws are always subject to change.
2) If there is any doubt, you need to confirm current council laws.
3) egaragesales.com.au provides this information in good faith, but will not be held liable or responsible for any losses or penalties incurred as a result of changes to, or misinterpretation of, current council laws as amended from time to time.