Adelaide City Council has kindly offered the following comments (in blue) relating to garage sales.
(If there is no blue answer on a particular question, then a comment wasn't made.)
- Are permits required?
- Are there any laws controlling the posting of garage sale signs? We would not allow signage in the public realm. Posters advertising the sale would not be permitted to be placed in the public realm.
- Are there limits to how many garage sales one person can hold per year?
- Are there laws about using the footpath in front of the person's house?
- Other comments offered. Adelaide City Council looks after the suburbs of Adelaide and North Adelaide. As for other laws relating to garage sales, you may like to contact the Office of Consumer and Business affairs for further information.
- Is there a page on the web site that covers the laws realting to garage sales?
1) Laws are always subject to change.
2) If there is any doubt, you need to confirm current council laws.
3) egaragesales.com.au provides this information in good faith, but will not be held liable or responsible for any losses or penalties incurred as a result of changes to, or misinterpretation of, current council laws as amended from time to time.