Hurstville City Council has kindly offered the following comments (in blue) relating to garage sales.
(If there is no blue answer on a particular question, then a comment wasn't made.)
- Are permits required? No permit is required
- Are there any laws controlling the posting of garage sale signs? Any signs posted are required to be removed after the event.
- Are there limits to how many garage sales one person can hold per year? There is no limit on the number of garage sales you can hold.
- Are there laws about using the footpath in front of the person's house? Garage Sales are to be conducted wholly within the property.
- Other comments offered. Retail Your Rubbish information is available on the Hurstville City Council website - www.hurstville.nsw.gov.au
- Is there a page on the web site that covers the laws relating to garage sales?
1) Laws are always subject to change.
2) If there is any doubt, you need to confirm current council laws.
3) egaragesales.com.au provides this information in good faith, but will not be held liable or responsible for any losses or penalties incurred as a result of changes to, or misinterpretation of, current council laws as amended from time to time.