Victoria Park Town Council, WA has kindly offered the following comments (in blue) relating to garage sales.
(If there is no blue answer on a particular question, then a comment wasn't made.)
- Are permits required? No.
- Are there any laws controlling the posting of garage sale signs? Laws relating to signage on the road reserve would be applicable. If signs are put on the road reserve, they must be removed at the end of the sale. No signs are permitted on round-a-bouts or Western Power poles, or in positions that would cause line of sight problems for traffic. Please note that the person holding the garage sale would be liable if a member of the public were to trip, or otherwise injure themselves due to the garage sale signage.
- Are there limits to how many garage sales one person can hold per year?
- Are there laws about using the footpath in front of the person's house? Must be held within the property boundary.
- Other comments offered.
- Is there a page on the web site that covers the laws relating to garage sales?
1) Laws are always subject to change.
2) If there is any doubt, you need to confirm current council laws.
3) egaragesales.com.au provides this information in good faith, but will not be held liable or responsible for any losses or penalties incurred as a result of changes to, or misinterpretation of, current council laws as amended from time to time.