Gold Coast City Council has kindly offered the following comments (in blue) relating to garage sales.
(If there is no blue answer on a particular question, then a comment wasn't made.)
- Are permits required? No.
- Are there any laws controlling the posting of garage sale signs? All signage must be removed after the garage sale.
- Are there limits to how many garage sales one person can hold per year? There is a limit of 2 per year with the purpose being only to move unwanted goods.
- Are there laws about using the footpath in front of the person's house? Garage sale must be held totally within the property boundary.
- Other comments offered. The garage sale must not cause undue noise or congestion around the area.
- Is there a page on the web site that covers the laws relating to garage sales?
1) Laws are always subject to change.
2) If there is any doubt, you need to confirm current council laws.
3) egaragesales.com.au provides this information in good faith, but will not be held liable or responsible for any losses or penalties incurred as a result of changes to, or misinterpretation of, current council laws as amended from time to time.