City of Perth has kindly offered the following comments (in blue) relating to garage sales.
(If there is no blue answer on a particular question, then a comment wasn't made.)
- Are permits required?
- Are there any laws controlling the posting of garage sale signs? See comment below. Placing signs on a footpath is not allowed without a permit
- Are there limits to how many garage sales one person can hold per year?
- Are there laws about using the footpath in front of the person's house? See comment below. Use of thoroughfares are not allowed without a permit.
- Other comments offered. There are no local laws that cover garage sales in the City of Perth. There
are Local Laws that cover signage (Signs Local law) and the use of
footpaths (Thoroughfares Local Law).
- Is there a page on the web site that covers the laws relating to garage sales? The Signs Local Law and the Thoroughfares Local Law are available on councils web site. For more information in relation to permits please contact our Approvals unit on 9461 3411.
1) Laws are always subject to change.
2) If there is any doubt, you need to confirm current council laws.
3) egaragesales.com.au provides this information in good faith, but will not be held liable or responsible for any losses or penalties incurred as a result of changes to, or misinterpretation of, current council laws as amended from time to time.