Lane Cove Council has kindly offered the following comments (in blue) relating to garage sales.
(If there is no blue answer on a particular question, then a comment wasn't made.)
- Are permits required?
- Are there any laws controlling the posting of garage sale signs? The Environmental Health Manager would most likely advise signs are not permitted.
- Are there limits to how many garage sales one person can hold per year? If it is a more regular occurrence there would be a line where it crosses over to being a business needing consent,which would be difficult if in a residential zone.
- Are there laws about using the footpath in front of the person's house? Please stay inside the property boundary.
- Other comments offered.
- Is there a page on the web site that covers the laws relating to garage sales? The relevant controls are under the Lane Cove LEP 2009 - section 2.6BB - Temporary use of land.
1) Laws are always subject to change.
2) If there is any doubt, you need to confirm current council laws.
3) egaragesales.com.au provides this information in good faith, but will not be held liable or responsible for any losses or penalties incurred as a result of changes to, or misinterpretation of, current council laws as amended from time to time.