Bayswater Council WA has kindly offered the following comments (in blue) relating to garage sales.
(If there is no blue answer on a particular question, then a comment wasn't made.)
- Are permits required?
- Are there any laws controlling the posting of garage sale signs? If you require signage, you will need to complete the council's "Portable sign" application form . There is no charge. If you meet the conditions noted on the application, there will be no problems. Refer to council's website.
- Are there limits to how many garage sales one person can hold per year?
- Are there laws about using the footpath in front of the person's house? There are no obstructions on thoroughfares
- Other comments offered. The "Activities on Thoroughfares" Local Law contains a number of issues relevant to garage sales.
- Is there a page on the web site that covers the laws relating to garage sales? For Local Law information you can visit council's website, look up "publications/local laws" and they will all be posted there.
1) Laws are always subject to change.
2) If there is any doubt, you need to confirm current council laws.
3) egaragesales.com.au provides this information in good faith, but will not be held liable or responsible for any losses or penalties incurred as a result of changes to, or misinterpretation of, current council laws as amended from time to time.