Woollahra Council NSW has kindly offered the following comments (in blue) relating to garage sales.
(If there is no blue answer on a particular question, then a comment wasn't made.)
- Are permits required? No.
- Are there any laws controlling the posting of garage sale signs? No posters/balloons on telegraph poles or public property
- Are there limits to how many garage sales one person can hold per year?
- Are there laws about using the footpath in front of the person's house? All items must be contained on residents property during garage sale.
- Other comments offered. Residents who register for Second Hand Sunday events will get free advertising in the local newspaper and Council website/shoppers guides
- Is there a page on the web site that covers the laws relating to garage sales?
1) Laws are always subject to change.
2) If there is any doubt, you need to confirm current council laws.
3) egaragesales.com.au provides this information in good faith, but will not be held liable or responsible for any losses or penalties incurred as a result of changes to, or misinterpretation of, current council laws as amended from time to time.